I wish I knew how to post pics on here, that would make for a more exciting blog, and less words.I'm nervous abouttoday... this month. I had a call from afriend... an "almost stranger" a few weeks ago, asking if I could help her out by filling in for her, while she has neck surgery and recovers. She's the Nurse at Central Christian College.. I said, "Oh sure, that sounds like fun!" because it did..... then...... 3 weeks ago..... Yesterday, I ran up there for a bit to learn the ropes... I've been a Labor and Delivery nurse for 16 years, haven't really done anything else to speak of.. I'm pretty sure this is not my area of expertise.. If I have one, that is... Today is my first day... I'm feeling nauseous and shaky and it's not because of the whole pot of coffee I just finished off... I really hope everyone is healthy and nobody gets hurt for this whole month that I'm filling in.... I think I may even pray that before I get there today.. ARGH! I can be so selfish... Let me take a moment and change my attitude.... I'm going to pray that for the students and faculty's sake.. not my own! Which also makes me realize, my lady I'm working for, is having surgery, probably right now as I speak, and I wasn't even thinking of her... I may be responsible for my son's the "world revolves around me" syndrome.... Adding Nurse Betsy to my prayers! .... At least this blog is going to teach ME something... I think way too much of myself and not enough of others... and there I go again.. thinking of myself over others!!!!! Ewww... yuck.. this could go and on..
I'm not sure yet... I hate to plan and organize, so I'll just see what happens here.
Total Pageviews
Popular Posts
-
Today, my children are all healthy, although a couple of them still have a cough, but I hear that can go on for weeks after influenza. I...
-
My heart and mind have been full of the blessings of friends the last couple of weeks. They are such a precious gift from God. Growing up ...
-
First of all, I loved my childhood.. I loved my grandparents and felt totally loved by them. They did an awesome job raising me, taking care...
-
This past month, feels like it's lasted so loooong. I've been going through a valley of ugly... In the middle of the ugly, a preciou...
-
Yesterday during church, while the pastor was talking about "Nicodemus" ... Johnny turned to me with a very wary expression and sa...
-
I'm not ready for this: I'm still loving this: I've never felt tim...
-
I wanted to get an early start to supper tonight so I stuck a pork roast in the oven with one of my "favorite friends that I've nev...
-
Yesterday morning, before school, my girl child was looking at facebook and she had a video show up in her feed that I wanted to see.... So ...
-
I'm officially back to normal! I'm sure everyone's been holding their breath, waiting to hear this news! I'm diagnosing that...
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment