Okay, I wasn't even thinking of blogging about that. I wanted to blog about how different the day seems today. Am I the only one feeling that, or do others feel that too? I know my heart is aching with love and mourning for the families, children, and teachers in CT this last week. I feel so much love for them, all of them... I've never been a worrier, never, I have other issues, but worry isn't one of them... even now, when others say they are worried for their children, I'm not. I totally trust they are in God's hands. Wait a sec, I actually do have two worries about them, I've had them since each of them were born. Those two worries are.. that they might get the stomach bug, and that they might choose not to follow Jesus... I take those two worries to Jesus a lot.. not in that order. What hit me was... I was worried to send them to school today because I hear the stomach bug is going around and I don't want them to come home with it.. then I thought of all the parents who lost their children last week and how they would love to have their children come home with the stomach bug today... and all the parents who are scared to send their children to school because of this tragedy, and I was scared to send my children to school for fear they might bring home the stomach bug.. and I felt perspective push in. Then for some reason.. I felt like I really wanted to take cough drops to my children at school today.. just in case.. so I did. I pulled up to our little Christian school out in the country, the flag was flying half mast, I tried to walk in like I do so often.. and the doors were locked.. and I felt like tears might start falling..... Connie was quick to open the door for me, so thankfully I didn't lose it right then, but I was close.... Then I went to the office to sign in. Shannon #1 came in and I felt the sister love bond.... I just wanted to hug her, but I didn't cuz she's too tall to reach... just kidding, I didn't cuz I didn't learn hugging growing up, affection wasn't shown physically... or verbally for that matter, but it was known somehow... though I'm learning that I like the hugging, verbalizing love thing.. thanks to my friends, Steph, Renae, Heather, and my Bailey's friends.... I tend to hug quicker now, so watch out! Okay.. back on track.. Chapel was going on... and I felt Jesus as I walked in. Incredible love for our school family.. The beautiful, sweet innocent children, teachers.. subs.... everyone there... Oh how I love them.. and oh how Jesus reaches down and touches us with love, comfort and peace when we need it.... I pray this peace, love and comfort on the families in CT... I know the children who died are safe with no worry or fear, and at perfect peace right now.
I'm not sure yet... I hate to plan and organize, so I'll just see what happens here.
Total Pageviews
Popular Posts
-
Today, my children are all healthy, although a couple of them still have a cough, but I hear that can go on for weeks after influenza. I...
-
My heart and mind have been full of the blessings of friends the last couple of weeks. They are such a precious gift from God. Growing up ...
-
First of all, I loved my childhood.. I loved my grandparents and felt totally loved by them. They did an awesome job raising me, taking care...
-
This past month, feels like it's lasted so loooong. I've been going through a valley of ugly... In the middle of the ugly, a preciou...
-
Yesterday during church, while the pastor was talking about "Nicodemus" ... Johnny turned to me with a very wary expression and sa...
-
I'm not ready for this: I'm still loving this: I've never felt tim...
-
I wanted to get an early start to supper tonight so I stuck a pork roast in the oven with one of my "favorite friends that I've nev...
-
Yesterday morning, before school, my girl child was looking at facebook and she had a video show up in her feed that I wanted to see.... So ...
-
I'm officially back to normal! I'm sure everyone's been holding their breath, waiting to hear this news! I'm diagnosing that...
Monday, December 17, 2012
Overflowing and scattered thoughts
Today, my children are all healthy, although a couple of them still have a cough, but I hear that can go on for weeks after influenza. I'm not positive that's what they had, but a Dr. whom I admire and am very scared of at the same time, thinks they did. They were exposed and they had all the symptoms. I got the flu shot, (only because I had to, otherwise my hospital would have made me wear a big blue dot on my badge, along with a mask my whole 12 hours of work, symptoms or no symptoms... uhuh.. seriously. ) My point is, I didn't get sick, and I got the flu shot.... however, I do feel a little like morning sickness.... I hope the flu shot can't make you pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So awesome, Shannon! Love you. :)
Thanks Steph, I love you! :)
Just lovely Shannon!
Thanks Cathy! I'll check your blog out! It looks cool and classy!! Like you!! Lol.
Post a Comment